Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Bread Snob


Can someone please tell me the difference between a baguette and french bread?? I'm a simple man. Born and raised in the Oregon plains (and a few years in a small desert-town, Phoenix). Reared on home-made whole-wheat bread. Maybe I didn't even spell baguette correctly for all I know.

The Funny Madre made a delicious bisque (that's a soup, for all of you readers in Glendale) and asked me to bring home a baguette. I became confused in the bakery after handling, inspecting, pinching, and sniffing the assorted bread shapes. Nothing was labeled "baguette". Do you think I'd stop and ask someone behind the counter?
I came home with a long loaf of sourdough I thought would work. It did work, but it was not a baguette according to FM. I've been known to cook a good loaf every now and then, but that's my limit to the bread world.
Great dinner AK. That "Home Chef" degree is paying off. Bisque every night.
I mean "snob" in the most loving sense of the word.

6 comments:

go boo boo said...

You are funny! I love my hick from the backwoods and farms and little house on the prairie school who didn't have a c'est ci bon down the way. Love ya babe!

Rachel said...

We learned at Cest ci bon. Sorry! We can teach you when you come here (and I will save points to eat some with yoU!)

Andy said...

Bread snob. It must be genetic.

Pat said...

I could pick out a baguette and I don't consider my self a bread snob. Music snob, now that's a different story.

Pat said...

hyphenation treatise up

Megan B said...

I can't believe Rachel did not comment on the "Loaf." Dude. Funny.