Monday, March 31, 2008

Spring Break 08 in the OC

80 degree beach days for a solid week. I come home and wake up to 4" of snow at the house and 11" at the Bird. My only mistake was not continuing my vacation and headed out snowboarding this morning.
We had a blast going on long island walks with the kids, alone, and together. Big Corona with the boys. A short surf lesson for H down at Blackies/Newport Pier (we'll get him a wetsuit next time).
I went down to Trestles solo and then again w/ Mateo. Best waves of my life. Pedro's Tacos. Who needs the Magic Kingdom. The boys didn't even want to go. Thanks to Sue & Dave for the accomodations, Mateo and Clan for bbq, and Phelps for the hangout pad.

7 comments:

Megan B said...

So jealous! Sounds wonderful. And we never go to the Magic Kingdom...there's too much free fun stuff to do like you proved! Good to have you back... you need to take John fishing or something to make up for missing his boy's trip. He's home all next week...and maybe even the next...

Rachel said...

we miss you already! See you in June?

go boo boo said...

thanks for the trip dude. it was great. love your wife.

MarySue said...

I remember being so excited watching you surf and taking all sorts of pictures only to find out you weren't in my photos. Can you get a lime green wet suit please. :)

MarySue said...

APRIL 3RD. HAPPY BIRTHDAY FANTASTIC SON!!!

Anonymous said...

Andy today is April 3rd and I do remember you were born on this date. I want to wish you a very happy birthday and say what a great man, nephew, son, husband, father, cousin, and friend that you are. Hugs, Aunt Jody

susanstayner said...

Loved enjoying the California scene with you. And Happy Birthday, again.